In Qampo we look for the way to build an smart agriculture and that can only be achieved with a management of the crops based on the monitoring via observation and mediation of the many factors that affect.
With Qampo, smart agriculture is done by using our stations, sensors and dataloggers located on the plot. These systems collect information that is then used to make decisions more accurately, and also to optimize crop yields.
The first step to apply to smart agriculture is to carry out a first study of the plantation framework, the type of soil, the irrigation system and the climatology of the área. Then, with the obtained data it is decided which station and sensors to install as well as their distribution by parcel.
Once everything is installed, the data obtained is registered, stored and carefully studied to facilitate its interpretation and understanding and thus have all the information to make the best decisions about the actions to take.
The application of smart agriculture has many benefits:
- Save on phytosanitary products and fertilizers, this reduces the costs and enables to optimize the production.
- Produce a more efficient and ecological agriculture by reducing the environmental impact by optimizing the use of water, pesticides and machinery fuel; thus, with less resources, more production is obtained, which allows us to face the challenge of the reduction of arable land we see in our days and the growth of the world population.
- Have a wide knowledge and control over our crop, to know when and how to water or if it has suffered frost and that everything is stored for us to review at any time in the future.
- Increased product quality by minimizing stress suffered by the plants.
- Homogeneity of production by treating the whole crop in the same way.
For all of this, it is essential to adopt smart agriculture to the agricultural production model in order to guarantee sufficient world agricultural production.